Hot Topics Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under registration number 08943709. Our principal place of business is at 2 Archer Street,4th Floor, London, W1D 7AW, United Kingdom.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA390305.
1 . Information We Collect, Store or Use
- Email addresses, Full Names, Professional Titles, Employer Names, if you subscribe to our newsletter or broadcast email alerts. Data is stored securely in MailChimp.
- Information you provide when you fill in any forms on our website https://www.hottopics.ht/ (“Website”, or “our Website”). This includes, amongst others, information that you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, request email alerts to be notified when a episode is about to be broadcast.
- If you contact us (for example, if you report an issue or problem with our Website) via email, we may keep a record of that correspondence for up to 30 days;
- We may request for you to complete surveys for research purposes (which you do not have to respond to);
- We may also automatically collect other non-personally identifiable information each time you visit our Website, including:
- technical information, including the IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, device type and screen size.
- information about your visit, including the full URL (Uniform Resource Locator), page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages.
- We do not store debit/credit card details on our Website, database or servers.
- Please be advised that we never knowingly collect data from anyone under 13; If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected] and we will take steps to remove the data and cancel the child’s account.
- Please be advised that before you provide to us any personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent.
2. What We Do with Your Information
- Any information we collect from you, or that you provide to us is for the purpose of understanding your needs and providing better services to all of our Website Users;
- We are committed to ensure that your information is secured. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive information.
- We use non-personally identifiable information collected from you to administer our Website, and for technical purposes, including troubleshooting, enhancing our Services, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- If you opt-in to our optional newsletter, we may email you about the latest content published on HotTopics.ht, interesting collaborations and our general news. We use a third-party tool called Mailchimp to store this information.
- We may collect your Personal Information when you engage with our online communities. This includes when you interact with our social media pages, submit content, leave reviews, or otherwise enter information into comment fields, blogs, message boards, events. We recommend that you exercise care in deciding what information and content you wish to disclose.
3. Sharing of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information, on confidential basis, to any member of our Affiliate, employees, professional advisers, consultants and/or valid representatives, in so far as reasonably necessary, and for the purposes of performing our obligations and providing you with our Services;
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligation, or, if required under a court order;
- in order to enforce or exercise our rights (statutory, contractually or otherwise);
- in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hot Topics Ltd, our Members, Users or the public, as required and permitted by law.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
4. Where We Store Your Information
Any data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the UK and the EU. It may also be processed by staff (ours or third parties’) within those jurisdictions, in order to perform our Services. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing and processing. Data is stored securely on MailChimp. We will take all steps that are reasonably necessary in order to ensure that your data is being treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit the website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
6. Third Parties’ Cookies
- For the Website, we use Google Analytics to identify which pages are being used. Google Analytics is an easy and free web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”), which may generate cookies. We use this free web analysis service from Google to help us analyze data about web page traffic on our Website which in turn would enable us to provide better Services to all of our Website Users. As part of this free web analysis services, Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other users of Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt out from it here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en . If you wish to learn more about Google Analytics please visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/?authuser=0#provision/SignUp/
7. Data Retention and Deletion
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you are subscribed to Hot Topics Ltd or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request. The request will be actioned within 30 days. If you have any specific requests regarding your data please email us at [email protected]
8. Other Websites and Others
- Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. These third parties’ websites may have their own privacy policies, which are entirely independent from and have no relation to us.
9. How to Contact Us
If we make material changes to the way we collect, use or disclose Personal Data, we will notify you by posting a clear prominent announcement on the Hot Topics Ltd. Website or through a direct communication with each subscriber.
Your use of the Hot Topics Ltd website is entirely voluntary, and you may discontinue use of it at any time.